Ext2fsd utility can be used to mount and view the contents of a linux partition in Windows. Here’s how it can be done.
- Download Ext2fsd from the following link Ext2fsd downloads
- Run the installer to install the application.
- Once installed, launch the “Ext2 Volume Manager” from the installed location.
- A window is opened which displays the list of all the available storage units and partitions connected to the host. Firstly the Ext2fsd service has to be started if it isn’t running already. To start the service, in the application window select Tools -> Service Management or press the shortcut key F7. If the service isn’t started already, click the Start button to start the service.
- Once the service is started, all the linux partitions would automatically be assigned a drive letter and get mounted. Data from each of those file systems is accessible instantly. Just open My Computer to access the data.
Hope this helps.